Upflow/Horizonal Model Input Rates from 50,000 to 150,000 BTU/HR Up to 80% A.F.U.E
A Furnace That “Grows” To Meet Your Comfort Needs
The Rheem Classic Plus® Super Quiet 80 Gas Furnace has two stages of heating to save energy and keep your home at its comfortable best. Most furnaces are either “off” or “on” at 100% capacity, no matter what your heating comfort needs may be. The Rheem Classic Plus Super Quiet 80, however, operates at 70% and 100% capacity. Most of the time, this furnace operates in its energy saving “low-heat” stage to deliver a gentle and steady flow of heating comfort. On the coldest days, when you need more heat, the furnace automatically switches to “high-heat” stage to deliver the maximum heating comfort. The temperature of your home stays at the comfort level you select – wherever you set the thermostat.
Additional Features & Benefits:
- To help improve the sound quality of the Rheem Classic Plus Super Quiet 80, we re-engineered the door and top-plate to provide a sound barrier between the furnace’s operation and your home.
- The integrated, two-stage control board directs activities of the gas valve and blower to efficiently keep your home at its comfortable best.
- The two-stage gas valve adjusts the flow of gas to the burner, providing “low heat” and “high heat” as needed for maximum fuel efficiency.
- Direct spark ignition is an extremely efficient way to light the burner while eliminating the need for a standing pilot. And for added safety during operation, the remote flame sensor constantly monitors the burner flame to ensure it is burning as it should.
- Because the Super Quiet 80 two-stage usually runs at the lower speed, you will enjoy energy saving and operation that is quieter. Working in conjunction with the two-stage burner and the heat exchanger, this induced draft blower quietly pulls hot combustion gases through the heat exchanger and vents them safely outdoors.
- A permanent, washable filter makes it easy to keep a clean filter in place. No more filters to buy or store. A clean filter helps your furnace run more efficiently and can improve the indoor air quality of your home.
- Upflow/Horizonal Model
- Input Rates from 50,000 to 150,000 BTU/HR
- Up to 80% A.F.U.E